Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hives and the ER


We had our last t-ball game of the season last night. Jackson missed out, he and Gray are with Gigi going to VBS with Jacob...having a blast. Hopefully I'll have some pics at the end of the week. After the game was over Chad presented the team with a little T-ball trophy, so cute! Unfortunately I have no pictures of this because poor little Harrison had an allergic reaction to something last night. It started with what looked like a mosquito bite on his forearm. By the time that I got to the ball park, it had spread out and looked like a big rash. It went from one arm to the other, then down to his calv's, around his shins turning them bright red and a little swollen, still with the hives. It went up the back of his legs to the top of his thigh, never going onto the core of his body. The only other place it ever spread was his left cheek. We decided to take him to the ER but after about 15 minutes of being there it had started to go away. I talked to an on-call nurse and she said it sounded like a "contact" reaction, like he had gotten into something he was allergic to. He was getting into moms suitcase right before this happened but they could not find anything that he was able to actually open, so we are at a loss and have no idea what he's allergic to! Mom found a flashlight and was shining it on him throughout the night to make sure that his face was not breaking out again...she knew I was worried about him, bless her heart! Harrison's sitter is on vacay this week so mom is here until Weds with H, Chad gets him Thursday and I get the day off Friday. H and I will head down to Russellville Friday morning to see his bubba's and Saturday is Landry's birthday party! Fun Fun. Hoping to get to spend some time with my bestest friend ever this weekend! She has 2 beautiful little girls and is expecting her little boy next month! Can't wait to see them! Hopefully I'll post some new pics in the next few days...we got Jacksons t-ball pics back and they are so adorable! I'll have to scan one in to show it off. Hope everyone has a great day!

This is what Harrison looked like yesterday evening...hoping he doesn't break out today!
**Update, I had to take the picture off, it was grossing me out.

1 comment:

Melissa Tyndall said...

I'm glad he's feeling better and that you didn't have to spend the whole evening at the ER!