Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Cowboy and his Horse

So these pictures are absolutely horrible but it's all I got! On Saturday, the 4th, we took the boys to their first rodeo. This was a real treat for Gray since he has to be a cowboy about every other day...he was all decked out in his boots, jeans and belt...the rest of us were wearing our shorts! The Rodeo of the Ozarks is a 66 year tradition here in NWA and is always July 1st-4th! I forgot my camera in the car so I didn't take any pics during the rodeo. The boys did really good, we were worried about taking Harrison since he's so little and has the attention span of a monkey, but he did really good. He loves horses, or as he calls them "neighs" so he was loving all the animals. When the bareback event started he looked a little worried and after the second cowboy was thrown off of his horse his little lip turned under and I thought he was going to cry! It was so sad. I had to reassure him that the horse and the rider were both fine and nobody got hurt! We left not long after that. All the boys had been real troopers and we were there for almost 3 hours. They were having a huge fireworks show after the rodeo but the boys just couldn't wait any longer. Well, Chad has a co-worker that was in the rodeo so when we left he brought one of his horses over and let the boys take a short ride on it. While we were waiting on him to get the horse we were surrounded by tons of fireworks around the city...it was pretty cool. Other than riding on a pony at a carnival this is the only real horse they've ever ridden. I hate that this is the only picture I got but it is what it is!

Grays face is about covered up by the reigns...not a very good shot by the photographer!


Jackson's is a little better but not much. All I had was my "non-iphone" camera phone...not the greatest, especially in the dark.
We had a great time at the rodeo and can't wait for the next one! Think I'll give Ree a call and see if she could use another ranch hand for the summer...I'm sure Gray would be happy to help out! Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Hey, this is Casey from HotBliggityBlog. I just wanted to let you know that we have 3 column backgrounds that will fit your layout better! Check them out!