Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Graduation, Birthday & Anniversary!



Thursday
It seems like the last week was so rush, rush. Thursday after work Chad left for his guys weekend so that left me with Jackson and Gray. He took Harrison with him and dropped him off with Gigi. It was a joint effort, she watched him Thursday night and then took him over to Tara's on Friday morning. She watched him all day and then when mom got off at 5 she watched him for a few hours and then took him back to Gigi's for the night. Here on the Hill we were rushing to get to a T-ball game. The kids had fun and were glad to get to play after all the rain outs we've had recently. After the game we ran home, washed up and then went out to have dinner. We went to Dixie Cafe because I figured they wouldn't be to crowded. Food was good & boys were good so they got to have ice cream. On the way out the door Gray kept having trouble with his shoe, he has the velcro shoes and one of them has started to not stick...so we headed over to Shoe Carnival to see what they had....45 minutes and 3 pairs of shoes later we were on our way home. I spent the next hour getting our things packed for the weekend.


Friday
After work on Friday I rushed to pick up the boys. We had to head over to Rick's Bakery to pick up Harrison's birthday cake. We picked up dinner on the way home and I got the cake in the fridge. After eating a quick dinner and changing clothes we headed back to school for Jackson's Pre-K Graduation. They had a Luau theme so everyone had on their tropical clothes and flip-flops. Jackson would not wear his flip-flops though because he said they hurt his toes. The presentation lasted about 20 minutes. Short and sweet. The kids did some cute songs of what they had learned the last few years. Jackson is one of a handful of kids that has been at that school since he was 8 weeks old. They have grown up together.

Here is a picture of Jackson and Carson.
Me and my big boys!(Not how I normally smile, I think I'd been holding the pose to long!)
Cooper, Jackson, Carson and Gray

After the graduation we rushed to Sam's Club to pick up some flowers for mom. Let me remind you that I'm no florist AND I had a 4 and 5 yr old with me. I ended up getting a few to many flowers. More on that later. So we finally get headed to Russellville and make it there at about 10:30 Friday night, I'm exhausted already.

Saturday

Saturday started off e.a.r.l.y, why? Because Jackson likes to get up with the sun. He got up at about 6am and proceeded to wake Harrison in the process...H was kind enough to stand in his pack-n-play staring at Gray and I sleeping for a few minutes before waking us up! Harrison was happy to see his mommy and bubba's, he was so sweet! Gigi and Papa decided to take the big boys fishin' at a friends pond so about 10 they left to do that. I was hoping that Harrison would tire out and want to take an early nap, no such luck, so we called aunt Tara and she and Kamri came over to play. They had fun taking books from each other. Tara and I decided it was time for lunch so we headed over to pick up Taco Villa for us and Sonic for the little ones. Yum O! Just as we started to eat the fishermen arrived home to tell about their adventures! I'll have to get some of the pics from my FB and put them on here. After that we headed over to aunt Jennys house. We had a great time playing in the yard, t-ball, swing set, wagon riding. We had planned on cutting harrison's birthday cake that afternoon but things just didn't work out that way. Tara got a call from Scott saying that the whole time he was at work on Sat he had been vomiting. He had managed to drive home (from LR) but was feeling pretty awful. She left Kamri and decided to go home to check on him. We got a call soon after that he was running a fever of 103.4, when she tried to give him some Tylenol, he couldn't even sit up to take it he was so week. The consensus was to take him to the ER. It was a good decision because he didn't have Strep like some of us thought, he had a kidney infection! He is back at work and feeling much better now. After a long day we finally headed back to Gigi's to eat some McDonald's and cut the cake. When we got back to the house cousin Skyler was there so he got to enjoy our picnic in the yard and have some cake with us! Harrison was anxious to get into and got a handful of icing before I could get the candles on! Another late night getting to bed!

Miss Kamri Dakota

Miss Landry Elise
Harrison trying to be a big boy

The grab!

Doesn't it look like the truck ran over something and is about to have an accident?

Sunday

Sunday started again, way to early. Harrison woke up during the night several times so I would rock him back to sleep and then lay him back down. He woke up again at 5:30 and there was no going back to bed that time! I had actually prepared Jackson on Saturday night, putting the TV on the right channel and a low volume and instructing him to NOT wake anyone else up when he got up. Well, Grayson was the next to get up at about 7. Jackson didn't wake up until 9am and that's because I went in to tell him I was making pancakes! He NEVER sleeps that late. I guess the last few nights finally caught up with him. When Harrison gets up early he always wants to "go outside" so this is what I heard for about the first 2 hours. He finally started crying for Gigi and went banging on her door. She was nice enough to get up and soon after had the boys outside playing. So the flowers that I mentioned,Sunday was my grandparent's 60th Wedding Celebration and mom was in charge of decorating so she had me bring the flowers down from Sam's. I brought a 5gallon tub with me to put them in so I could keep them in water. Well, I couldn't find any water and I wasn't going to drive all the way home to get it so they had to hold off until we got to Gigi's. At that point I put them in the shower and filled the tub up with water. Mom decided to take them up to Greenbrier to the church on Saturday so she didn't have to mess with them on Sunday morning...she got quite a shock when she saw all of them that I had gotten. First, let me say I was very disappointed with their selection...they had NO roses at all. Mostly we had Gerber Daises of varying colors and some spider mums, so mom made due with those and the arrangements were very pretty....any who, I got a call from Chad relatively early letting me know that he was back in town and would be able to go with us! Yippee Jesus! The boys were so excited to see Chad, it was so sweet! We finally got to the church right at 2pm! We got to spend time with family that we don't often see and family that we see only on holidays. It was good to see everyone. The church had a swing set so we took turns taking the kids outside. I think a good time was had by all! Another long day, we got back to Russellville at about 6 and ordered a pizza for dinner...anyone get the feeling I was not on my diet this weekend? Monday morning brought us rushing around to get new tires on the car, dropping it off, getting lunch and taking it back to Gigi's. Chad was exhausted because Harrison had another rough night and daddy got to spend with him and then up at 5:30 again. After getting packed up we finally got back on the road home after a few setbacks. We stopped to see Mom Freda for about an hour and then had to jet on up the mountain for T-ball pics and a game. H had started acting crabby....since Chad and I were in separate cars I had all 3 kids in the van. H had been yelling for Chad the entire time so when we stopped for a potty break in Ozark Chad put him in the car with him, he immediately went to sleep. Once we got to the ball field I decided that the boys needed to get into bed at a decent time so I took Gray and H on home. Once we got there I realized that H was running a fever, 102...nice. He's had a virus and apparently that's why he was not sleeping well. I stayed home with him for 2 days and today is my first day back at work, nothin' like starting your week on a Thursday!

1 comment:

Melissa Tyndall said...

Sounds like a fun weekend...cute family picture!!!