Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long Weekend

We had a nice long relaxing weekend, time with family and time to thank those who serve our country and have given their lives for our freedom. One person always come to mind around this time, My Great Uncle Oscar. He's not someone we ever talk about but I've always wondered about him. My uncle posted something on his facebook yesterday that broke my heart. Oscar was my mamaw's older brother. When mamaw was 14, her brother Oscar was serving in WWII. He was 19. Oscar was killed in action and mamaw was notified by a letter from the Army. That's it. This innocent 14 yr old girl gets a letter in the mail that her brother has been killed in action. I can't imagine what she must have gone thru. By that time she was being raised by her own Uncle Charlie since both of her parents had passed. Uncle Richard posted some pics of mamaw holding a military picture of Oscar, she looks so sad that it made me cry. Another of her holding the letter from the Army that she's held on to all of these years. I'll try to jack the pics from FB tonight and post them on here.



Gigi came up for the weekend. She was kind enough to let me get out on Saturday and go to the gym to get my work out in. The boys had a blast playing with her, as always. We weren't able to play outside much because of the rain but we still had fun. We took the boys to Chick-fil-A and let them eat lunch and play in the play area on Saturday afternoon. with the weather being blah and us being stuck inside I was not feeling very creative so the camera stayed in it's case. We ordered pizza on Saturday night and let the boys stay up and watch Horton Hears a Who as our Family Night movie. It was cute. The boys liked it so much they wanted to watch it again the next day! On Sunday morning we ventured out to Target. The boys were not to thrilled about being there but they were good none-the-less, only mini-meltdowns. I got myself a new hoola hoop and a jump rope, something active I can to while playing outside with the boys. Gigi surprised us by buying us a new Swiffer Vacuum....do you think she's trying to tell me something? haha. The bad news is I may never get to use it...the reason? The boys love it! Even Harrison had to have his turn. Harrison did the kitchen, Gray did the boys bathroom and Jackson did my bathroom.
Monday was just mommy and the boys. Gigi went home on Sunday and Chad was back at work. Again, it rained most of the day. The boys had cabin fever apparently and were trying to drive mommy insane. Let's just say they weren't very obedient, which led to mommy not being very nice. Jackson ended up in his room (in trouble) but fell asleep and had about 1hr 45minute nap...thankfully most of that was during Harrison's nap. Speaking of, I think little one is cutting some new teeth, he has sure been waking up alot the last few nights. Chad actually rocked him to sleep on Saturday night and fell asleep in the rocking chair with him. Little man will be having a birthday on Sunday...the big 2! By about 4 o'clock yesterday we were finally able to play outside. The boys decided they wanted to eat dinner outside so we grilled hot dogs...seriously blew the diet yesterday. It was still cloudy and looked like it was going to rain at any minute so we set a table up in the garage and had dinner in there. We ended up having a really good night and getting the boys to bed at a decent time. BIG weekend coming up so hopefully I'll have some good pics next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gigito3Gigi planned for the boys to be enthralled by the Swifer vac...
I knew that they could easily use it! Just trying to get you a little more help, Lori, and train those boys to LOVE housework, thus making it easier to marry them off!!! Later than sooner of course!